Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Law School beckons

Soon, I hope to be attending an excellent law school, on the road to my new career as a lawyer. My applications are in. Now, I just have to wait and see where I am accepted. It's an exciting time for me, as I head off in a new direction, toward my true calling.

For now, I continue to develop web sites, including work with programming, user interface design, and usability. But, the programming thing has been pretty boring for me for several years now. When I got into web development, those of us who created websites were the cowboys of the programming world. We were out on the wild fringes of technology, with the freedom to develop our code quickly and loosely, turning out new applications and new features with ease. These days, the field has become truly boring and tedious.

So, I'm off to my next and final career, in the law. I'll aim for a niche where I can exercise my mind and make some kind of an impact on my corner of the world. I'm not saying it has be something altruistic. Just something substantial.